Wednesday, March 25, 2009

14,000

Alright, contest time again. The title of this blog entry is a clue to something I did today. First one to guess what I did get to be the first person to tell me what an idiot I am when I show everyone the DVD. If nobody gets it when I get back from the reef I'll post a picture.

So, Contiki is over, and it was great as usual. I did a reef day trip on apparently the worst possible day. As soon as we got on the vessel they told is it was extremely rough on the reef due to a high tide a gale force wind warnings. In fact, if the wind were any stronger they would not have gone out that day. This obviously made for one hell of a 2 hour boat ride. Thankfully I took the seasick medication and was fine, pretty much everyone else wasn't. That gives me a bigger confidence boost for the weeklong expedition starting tomorrow.

I did some really fun stuff on the Contiki including - White Water Rafting, Ziplining through the Daintree rainforest canopy, Sandboarding, and the mystery thing today. Not to mention knocking back unheard of amounts of alcohol. (Buy 6 drinks, get a free T-Shirt, dangerous promotion when it's 2-for-1 happy hour, mmmmm 12 drinks in 2 hours) Oh, and all the cool people I met.

Anyhow, that's all for now - I can't upload any pictures because I can't get to the tower on this machine, but check back later and I'll see what I can get done.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sky diving

Dave Johnson said...

Yes that was my guess as well, jumping out of a friggin plane at 14000 feet. If this is it, it must have been amazing.

Dad

Barb Chapman said...

These guys are too quick for me ... that would have been my guess as weel. Sounds like your having a blast !!!
Barb

Anonymous said...

You tandem jumped? Longest 2 and a half minutes of your life.

Shannon said...

im guessing bunjee jumping??

Shannon said...

mind u thats one hell of a free fall..