Thursday, May 29, 2008

What Almost Wasn't...

So here I am in lovely LA. The crew here just announed that my flight wouldn't be leaving until about 2am, PST. For those of you keeping score, that's 2 hours later than expected, huzzah!

The scary part is, this almost didn't happen. I was walking towards my gate in Toronto, and I was overcome with the want to just turn around and run back to my family. I didn't want to go through with it, I wanted to throw it all away and stay home where I knew everything would be alright.

I had actually come to a complete stop in the terminal, considering making a U-turn. I don't know what compelled me forward, but I went, and know I'm sitting on a floor in the terminal at LAX.

Everybody asked me how I felt before I left, are you excited? Nervous? Scared? Anxious? To be honest, it was getting old and frustrating to hear the same question over and over again, and honestly, I didn't know how I felt. Even with such a wave of emotion coming over me walking towards the gate, I wasn't sure how I felt about all this.

I still don't think the reality of all this will hit me until I step outside in Sydney, but I think I've made the right choice. While walking onboard the plane in Toronto - I felt excited. And happy.

It's been a bit of a rollercoaster ride, but I'm getting through it. 4 more hours until my flight takes off, I think I'll go and get a bite to eat.

No comments: