Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Have a go at this...

Whew, been trying to write this post for a few days now, just busy busy busy.

So, I had the day off on Sunday and thought to myself, what better to do than go scuba diving. And off I went. Now, the diving itself was nothing utterly fantastic, visibility was crap so there wasn't a whole lot to see. It was still fun though.

What made the day VERY interesting was that the beach we were diving at, Shelly Beach in Manly, had an event happening on it. I was completely oblivious to what was happening and I'll explain why later. Anyhow, they were filming, get this, The Amazing Race on the beach. It looked like they were either doing a Detour or a Roadblock. Teams had to paddle a Surf Rescue board into the ocean and around a buoy.

While we were there, like I said, I had no idea. I though they were filming some local TV show for the Surf Rescue boys. Surf Rescue flags are also red and gold, which match the Amazing Race flags, so like I said, I was oblivious until someone actually told me that is what they were filming.

So, next season, when the teams travel to Sydney and head for Shelly Beach in Manly odds are that one of the scuba divers in the water will be me!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

WTF!! OMG!! Ryan that is amazing.. Things just keep getting better for you. I cannot belive all the things that are happening to you out there. Its crazy but so wonderful. Wouldnt that be something to see you on T.V next season..wow that would be so cool.

Dave Johnson said...

You should have offered to help them, wouldn't that be funny, a Canadian in Austrailia trying to help on the Amazing Race. It would be like the blind leading the blind. Too funny!!

Barb Chapman said...

Wow, what a coincidence ... to be able to see them filming one of your favourite shows, half way around the world !! Sounds like you're having a great time ... keep coming with the news, it's great to hear from you !!

Anonymous said...

Wow Ry
It just keeps getting better and better. It's funny how something that started off so rough last Spring has turned into something so wonderful!. Keep having a great time.
Love Mom