Sunday, November 2, 2008

I have a confession

I LOVE my job.

But, before we get to that, it should be noted that I have picked up a second job because Nosh just doesn't seem to be offering up much. It's been a month and they have just given me 1 shift, they lost some of my paperwork, and still haven't "officially" inducted me yet.

So, a job-hunting I went, and get this: I now work for Taronga Zoo.

Before you get too carried away, I'm working in the function centre doing banquets and weddings etc. as well as in the zoo grounds in the food/drink cafes. The best news is I've already worked 2 shifts, 7 hours each, a corporate dinner and a wedding, and it was a blast!

They pay the same as Nosh, and between the two of them, I should be able to get enough hours to pay bills, save for trips, and do a few scuba dives around Sydney.

I'm guaranteed to work at least this Friday, and should have a couple shifts inside the park for the rest of the week, which ought to make for a good first paycheque.

Oh - and perks - free entry to the zoo, we get to eat the leftover meals/desserts for dinner, possible discounts at shops in the grounds, and there are whisperings of a behind the scenes tour!

I can't wait to go back!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Ryan that is amazing! Things are going so well for you..I have a feeling i should start saving up my money for a trip to sydney.. Im so happy and proud for you. Good Job Ry!

Barb Chapman said...

Wow, things all seem to be coming together for you. This is great news! Take care and enjoy !!!
Barb

Anonymous said...

Hey Ry
It`s so exciting to read that you are doing well. We are so happy for you. The koala is sooo cute!! How are the McSevney`s doing
Love Mom