Friday, October 10, 2008

Who's got a job?

This guy's got a job!

Yep, IEP referred me over to NOSH which is a hospitality recruitment place. Even they say they are head hunters, they are more like staff suppliers, because I work directly for them, they don't find me another place to work. They do mostly corporate functions, sporting banquets, weddings, etc. I'll be one of their waiters.

It seems like a great job because it is flexible work, if I want to travel for 3 weeks my job will be waiting for me when I return. I get to work all over Sydney in a bunch of different venues like the Olympic Park, ANZ Stadium, Sydney Cricket Ground and the Opera House. And the pay isn't too bad either, $20/hr. weekdays, $24/hr Saturdays and $30/hr Sundays.

I only have one possible issue. How many banquets/weddings/parties have you been to that occur on weekdays? The lady that interviewed me tells me I can get 30-40 hours a week no problem, especially with Christmas coming up. I'm just not sure if I believe her at this point.

I'll give it a few weeks and see if the hours are good, if not, I'll find a day job to help with the funds coming in.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Wooohooo!! Nice work Ry! Thats sounds amazing.. You'll be great at it as u have experiance from the fish and chip place. Im so happy fopr ya and i think you will have enough work through the week..ud be surprised how many buisness functions go on through the week. Kepp it up..things are all falling into place.

Miss ya

Love Shan

Barb Chapman said...

This is outstanding news ... congratulations !!!
Barb

Dave Johnson said...

Okay you win. You got the first job, I can't count my work on the election yesterday. Way to go, this is great for you and at that rate of pay it sounds like it will even be profitable. You will get to meet others that you work with.

Congratulations

Dad