Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Change of plans

So I've come to the realization that I don't want to live and work here, I want to see the country.

I'm cutoff from my family and friends and just trying to schedule a phone call to hear their voices is a chore. While Penny had been a friendly face, and she is a very nice person, I'm just not have the fun that I had seen myself having while I was here.

I guess I'm not really a traveller, but an explorer.

I found another Contiki Tour called the Aussie Explorer which seems like a great affordable way to see the greatest sights of the country. After that, I'll probably travel around the country and see the sights I wanted to see before I left, and then call the adventure and head home to see the people I missed since stepping on the plane back in Toronto.

I feel like I'm letting people down back home since I told everyone I'd be gone for such a long time. But things are considerably harder than I thought they would be. If this were Toronto and I was just moving out things would be alright because I would have local knowledge and supprort from friends and family. But it's not, and I'm alone.


P.S. Pictures are up. You can see everything at picasaweb.google.ca/Nebulus64 Here's a taste:

3 comments:

Barb Chapman said...

There's no doubt that travelling alone can be a very lonely experience but it isn't until you try it that you begin to realize that this might not be your cup of tea. There's absolutely nothing wrong with this either and you won't be disappointing anyone at home. Just remember that you may never get back to this part of the world again so take advantage of being there ... see everything that you want to see and do everything that you want to do. Who knows, maybe Penny can join you on some of your day trips. We're all thinking about you. Barb

Barb Chapman said...

p. s.
The pictures are great ... keep 'em coming !!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ryan
I went on the Contiki tours site and took a look at the various prospcts. You can see alot of Aus for not alot of money! Go for it, enjoy the land, see what you want to see- you are not disappointing anyone - Miss you , think of you often. And you know we are really quite jealous!!!!
Love Mom