Thursday, June 12, 2008

Things to make you jealous

I got all my documentation for the Contiki tour today, and with it came information on the optional excursions they offer. Now, to make everyone back home even more jealous of me, here's what I plan on doing:

  • 4-wheel ATV trek through the outback desert
  • Aboriginal "Bushtucker" tour - meet the Aborigines and eat Outback food (kangaroo, crocodile, emu, etc.)
  • Outer Barrier Reef cruise with a Scuba dive (yes Scuba, not Snorkel) in the Barrier Reef
  • Horseback tour of Aussie bush, rainforest and coastline
  • 4-wheel ATV tour of Fraser Island
  • Dolphin Cruise to see and swim with dolphins
  • Plus a couple of group dinners and mybe a group photo
Now I know what you're thinking....I tried Scuba diving in the Dominican Republic and didn't enjoy it because the air tank dried out my mouth beyond belief. Well...its the GREAT BARRIER REEF....if you were given the option to swim underwater there would you pass it up because of some discomfort? I thought not.

More photos are up of Wildlife World and the Sydney Aquarium.

Tomorrow until Sunday night I'll be in the continental capital of Canberra, then back just in time to do laundry and take off to start the Contiki.

3 comments:

Barb Chapman said...

Well, I think you have done what you wanted to do ... make us all very jealous !!! I know I am. Sounds like you're making all kinds of plans now so enjoy, enjoy, enjoy !!! By the way, the pictures are great ... keep 'em coming !!
Barb

Anonymous said...

Have a great time on your excursion - yup, you're right - we're all wishing we were you! Looking forward to some very cool pics - underwater case for your camera? - maybe you can find one for some awsome shots in the Reef!
Love Mom

Bruce and Anne Compton said...

Hey buddy just watch out for the Great White when you're SCUBA diving..............